Did you know that sallow looking skin is usually a sign of tiredness and stress? Sallow refers to skin, depending on your skin colouring, taking on a yellow or brown tinge. Also, your skin might look dry and lined and have lost its usual bloom?
Well much can be done to relieve this and restore your skin’s natural bloom?
1) Cleanse your skin everyday before going to bed. If you find that you are too tired to cleanse and wash by bedtime then have a wash as soon as you get home in the evening. The daily dust and grime, pollution and general invisible particles in the air can play havoc with your skin by building up on the surface and penetrating into the pores. Try our Clean & Calm Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm which will not only give a deep cleanse and remove make-up including waterproof eye make-up but also balance out the skin’s oil production.
2) Use a gentle exfoliator at least 3 times a week and more depending on your age and skin type. As the skin ages the regeneration process slows down which in itself leads to loss of the glow and fresh appearance that young skin possesses. If you try our Clean & Calm Skin Polish which is based on coconut and macadamia oil and infused with essential oils including grapefruit and bergamot renowned for detoxing and clarifying the skin. The magnesium sulphate provides the gentle exfoliation which also has an anti-inflammatory action.
3) Use a nightly skin serum that nourishes the skin. Our Lift & Firm Facial Serum contains a blend of several oils including rosehip and pomegranate oils that promote skin regeneration, increase collagen production, is packed with antioxidants and protect the skin from free radical damage which occurs in stressed and ageing skin.
4) Try our Firming Moisturiser which contains hyaluronic acid moisturise and improve skin plumpness.
5) Get enough sleep. Sleep is vital for general good health - weight management, skin health and mental health.
Skin massage can further help to improve skin health by increasing blood flow. Read our previous blogs for information.